NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE GOVERNING BODY
OF THE CITY OF PLEASANTON, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Session of the City Council of the City of Pleasanton, Texas will be held on April 3, 2008 at 7:00 p.m. at the Pleasanton City Hall, 108 Second St., Pleasanton, Texas. The following items will be discussed at this meeting:
1. Meeting called to order.
2. Invocation and pledge of allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
4. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Session of March 20, 2008.
5. Citizen’s Comments.
6. City Manager’s Report
A. Report on construction, water and sewer services, including
water wells, throughout the City.
B. Report on drainage problems throughout City.
7. Presentation of future of Xytronics in Pleasanton – Larry Gossen and William Nichols.
8. Action on request for closing remaining portion of S. Smith Street south of
W. Oaklawn – John “Buddy” Goodwin.
9. Discussion and Action on drainage easement needed to correct problem between lots 2 and 3 in block 2 of El Chaparral Unit 3 - Kathy Coronado.
10. Discussion and Action on drainage project next to 1143 Eagle View – Roger Garrett.
11. Approval of best bids for used Compact Wheel Loader and new Tractor – Kathy Coronado.
12. Discussion and Action for no smoking allowed in restaurants – Abraham Saenz.
13. Appointment of one replacement to Pleasanton Sesquicentennial Committee – Kathy Coronado.
14. Acceptance of Certification of Unopposed Candidates for City Election – Cindy Urrabazo.
15. Reading and Adoption of Ordinance No. 1332 declaring unopposed candidates as elected and providing that the May 10, 2008 General Election shall not be held – Cindy Urrabazo.
16. The Regular Session of April 3, 2008 is hereby recessed to hold an Executive Session pursuant to Section 551.072 of the Texas Government Code regarding real property.
17. EXECUTIVE SESSION – PURCHASE OF LAND: Discussion of purchase of land for water system improvements – Kathy Coronado.
18. The Regular Session of April 3, 2008 is hereby reconvened.
19. Action on possible purchase of land for water system improvements – Kathy Coronado.
20. Review of the bills.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the City Council of the City of Pleasanton, TX, was posted on the bulletin board
outside City Hall, a place convenient and readily accessible to the public at all times. The notice was posted on March 31, 2008 at 2:45 p.m. and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Cindy Urrabazo, City Secretary